This warm, comforting Paleo breakfast is high in protein and fiber and low in carbs. It will keep you full and happy all morning long! Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and yeast-free.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish (or apples, pears, bananas, strawberries)
- optional toppings: almond butter, maple syrup, honey, coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8″ cast iron skillet with coconut or avocado oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract, cardamom, cinnamon, and sea salt until well combined.
- Sift coconut flour and baking powder into the egg mixture and whisk together well. Pour batter into the skillet and evenly sprinkle fruit into batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and the center is firm to the touch.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings, like almond butter, maple syrup, extra fruit, honey, or coconut cream. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/2 skillet
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 9.2g (0g added)
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 20g