These refreshing and pretty Cucumber Basil Salmon Rolls make a nutritious snack, appetizer, or lunch! They’re Paleo, pescatarian, keto, and Whole30 approved.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 can wild-caught skinless boneless salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons avocado mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cracks/shakes of black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 9-12 leaves fresh basil
- Using a wide vegetable peeler, make long ribbons by slicing each side of the cucumbers. You’ll need 12 strips total, so if some don’t turn out very wide you can save them to snack on.
- Cut the yellow pepper into thin strips, then cut the strips into thirds.
- In a small bowl, combine salmon, avocado mayo, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and dried basil. Use a fork to gently mix together but try to keep some of the flaky texture of the salmon.
- To make the rolls overlap two of the cucumber strips. On one end, add 2 tablespoons of the salmon mixture, 6-7 pepper strips, and 3 leaves of basil. Holding those ingredients in place, slowly roll the cucumber over on itself and use an extra dab of mayo on the opposite end to help it stay wrapped. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients until you have 6 rolls.
- Serving Size: 3 Rolls
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 8g (0g Added Sugar)
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 20g