This fresh and tangy Lemon Poppy Seed Coconut Flour Skillet Bread is the perfect healthy dish for a summer breakfast or brunch. It’s low in sugar, Paleo, nut-free, and yeast-free, so you can indulge in a tasty baked good without compromising your health!
- coconut oil, to grease skillet
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (full-fat or light will both work)*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more for squeezing over top
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 large lemons, 1 teaspoon reserved for garnish
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted*
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, solid cream portion only*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease skillet with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract and dash of sea salt and whisk together really well. Add lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Sift coconut flour and baking powder into egg mixture. Whisk together until fully incorporated. Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and lightly browned and cracked on top.
- Let cool a couple of minutes before serving. Then scoop into small bowls or mugs, squeeze fresh lemon juice over top, and add a dollop of coconut cream, reserved lemon zest, and poppy seeds. Enjoy!
*You can also use other milk alternatives, but I prefer something thicker to add texture to this skillet bread.
*Sifting the coconut flour is really helpful for getting a smooth batter.
*I used Whole Foods 356 Full-Fat Coconut Milk and was able to just scoop the cream right out. If you live in a hot place or are using a different brand, you may want to refrigerate it first, then scoop out the solid portion and gently stir it to get the same texture in my photos.
- Serving Size: 1/4 skillet
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 6g (4g added sugar)
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Protein: 11g