These No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sammies are the perfect summer treat! Paleo, Vegan, and kid-friendly, they’re sure to please a crowd and super-easy to make using your favorite dairy-free ice cream.
- 1/2 cup crunchy organic peanut butter (no-sugar, oil, or salt added)*
- 3/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1 pint chocolate dairy-free ice cream (I used So Delicious No-Sugar Added Coconut Milk Ice Cream)
- coarse sea salt, for garnish
- In a food processor, combine peanut butter, almond flour, sea salt, and coconut nectar. Pulse until well combined and sticky when pressed together.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop balls of dough onto a silicon mat or parchment lined pan. Use your hand to press down the ball until it’s a round cookie shape, about 1/4″ thick. Then use a fork to imprint the top of the cookie going in each direction.
- Place cookies in the freezer for at least 1 hour, to firm up before layering with ice cream. If cookies are still soft and easily bend when removed from freezer, put them back in for another 30 minutes or so. Remove ice cream from freezer 15-20 minutes before using so it can soften.
- Pour cacao nibs into a shallow but wide bowl. Build sandwiches using four cookies at a time, leaving the rest to stay firm in the freezer. Using the same small ice cream scoop, scoop ice cream onto two of the four cookies. Use a spoon or your hands to spread the ice cream down and out. Then press the other two cookies down on top of the ice cream.
- Use a knife to fill in the sides of the sandwich with more ice cream so it’s flush with the cookies. Roll sandwiches in cacao nibs, sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt and immediately place back in freezer. Repeat the process with the rest of the cookies until you have four sandwiches.
- If making these ahead of time, remove them from the freezer several minutes before serving so they can soften a little bit. Enjoy!
*If you use salted peanut butter, taste dough before adding additional sea salt and use to taste.
*Nutrition info is based on using So Delicious Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream with no added sugar.
- Serving Size: 1 Sammie
- Calories: 493
- Sugar: 9g (6g added sugar)
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 16g