These brownies are rich, fudgy, and oh-so-perfectly pumpkin spiced. Made with coconut flour and real cacao powder, they are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and Paleo friendly! Perfect with a glass of hemp or almond milk.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated monk fruit
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup 100% dark chocolate, shaved (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together cacao powder, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Use a sieve to sift the coconut flour in, to get rid of clumps. Stir in the coconut flour and shaved chocolate (if using) and set this bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted coconut oil with tahini and pumpkin. Whisk together well, then add vanilla and eggs and mix again until fully combined.
- Add the coconut sugar to this bowl and stir well.
- Slowly dump the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. Scrape this into your prepared baking dish, using the back of a spoon to spread it evenly over the pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes for fudgy brownies, or longer if you like a crispier edger and more crumbly brownie.
*Nutritional analysis does not include shaved dark chocolate and reflects using coconut sugar
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 4g