Tomatillo Paleo Breakfast Tacos
Yield 4 Tacos
Tacos for breakfast? You better believe it. These make a savory, slightly spicy, high-protein meal that is delicious any time of the day.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 small Mexican squash or zucchini, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 Siete grain-free tortillas
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup orange cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 4-6 Tbsp tomatillo salsa
- Melt coconut oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add yellow onion and squash/zucchini and saute for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Stir eggs together with coconut milk and season with a dash each of sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour eggs into the pan with onion and squash, mixing and flipping for about 5 minutes or until cooked through to your preference.
- Layer your tacos: tortillas, spinach, scrambled egg mixture, avocados, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro, then top with tomatillo salsa. Enjoy!
Recipe by Food to Feel Good at https://www.foodtofeelgood.com/tomatillo-paleo-breakfast-tacos/