This delicious and simple recipe makes the perfect summertime breakfast or dessert. It’s kid-friendly and easy to make in large batches for your healthy meal prep, too! It’s Paleo, vegan, and has no added sugar.
- 1 can light coconut milk (full-fat will also work, just avoid any weird added ingredients in either)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (optional)*
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- dash fine sea salt
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, thinly sliced, 3-4 whole ones reserved for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut milk, almond milk, chia seeds, and collagen powder, if using. Stir well, cover, and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make shortcake, place macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, and sea salt in food processor and pulse until it forms a crumble consistency. Be careful not to over process, or you’ll end up with a nut butter.
- Slice strawberries very thinly, reserving 4 whole ones for garnish.
- After removing chia pudding from the fridge, stir well. In 3 pint-sized mason jars or 4 smaller ones, layer ingredients starting with the chia pudding, then strawberries, then the shortcake crumble. End with a nice mound of shortcake crumble at the top with a whole strawberry for garnish. If using for grab-and-go, screw on a lid. Enjoy!
*Vital Proteins is not a vegan collagen product.
*Nutritional Analysis is for 4 servings, including collagen peptides.
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 535
- Sugar: 9g (0g added sugar)
- Fat: 44g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 18g